Pipeline construction activities have seen a slow first quarter for 2019 with many projects being pushed back because of permitting issues, but it seems the work may be picking up a bit. Since my last report, I have held 24 pre-jobs that included mostly integrity maintenance projects, and the Price Gregory work in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for SEMCO Energy.
Currently, we are watching the Buckeye XPress progress, which is anticipated to start the first quarter of 2020. This Southern Ohio project received the initial FERC approval and is now in the appeal stage. Please follow along on the Action Network. Tell FERC you support both the Buckeye XPress Project and Enbridge’s Line 5 in Michigan by signing the petitions at www.action.local798.org.
Always keep in mind that how we conduct ourselves on and off the ROW is a reflection of not only ourselves but our Local Union. Being prepared, no absenteeism, using the chain of command, following the agreement, and maintaining our working conditions are all part of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay. Unfortunately, we still have members who think they can cross over to the non-union side of the fence. I have been out investigating and identifying some who are working on non-union pipeline projects. It seems the Interstate 70 corridor in Eastern Ohio is a hotspot. If you are one of these members who think you can get away with working non-union, don’t be surprised if you receive official charges filed against you for these offenses. I appreciate all the assistance from my Brothers and Sisters who have helped confirm these violations.
I have several trips scheduled for June and July job visits. Until then, keep up the good work and make the right name for yourself. You decide what will be said of your reputation. As always if I can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call me.
Big Inch Fabricators and Construction, Inc.:
- Indianapolis, IN. 3 tee replacements 30” and 24” for Panhandle Eastern Pipeline. Superintendent: Chris Elliott. Welder Foreman: Layne Richard. Working 6-10s. Job complete.
- Concord, MI. 1-12” anomaly and 4” meter station for Panhandle Eastern Pipeline. Superintendent: Chris Elliott. Welder Foreman: Layne Richard. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 7-14-19.
- Hamilton County, IN. Isolate and hydrotest 10.6 miles of 24” pipeline for ETC Panhandle Eastern Pipeline. Superintendent: Scott Schoonover. Welder Foreman: Levi Tolka. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 7-3-19.
Henkels & McCoy:
- Toledo, OH. Maintenance services, fabrication, anomaly investigation and miscellaneous repairs in various locations and pipe sizes in OH, MI, and PA for Buckeye Partners. Superintendent: Jeff Karsten. Welder Foreman: Gary Mullin. Working 5-10s. Approx. completion 12-31-19.
- Lucas, OH. OH class change project, hydrotest approximately 1.8 miles of 20” for TransCanada Corp. Superintendent: David Csepegi. Welder Foreman: Timothy Hathaway. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 7-3-19.
- Harrison, OH. Facility modifications with multiple diameters in Hamilton County, OH for Duke Energy. Superintendent: Calvin Fuller. Welder Foreman: Brian Graham. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 8-15-19.
- Elyria, OH. Drain tile repair and replacement of approximately 14 miles of ROW for Nexus Gas. Superintendent: Cotton Jordan. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 7-31-19.
LMC Industrial Contractors:
- Hanoverton, OH. 30” and 20” hot tap and bridle piping for Kinder Morgan. Superintendent: Randy Vermeulen. Welder Foreman: Mike Trevett. Working 5-10s. Approx. completion 6-21-19.
- Xenia, OH. Install small station with approximately 150’ of 4” and 50’ of 6” and 7 miles of 20” hydro test for Vectren. Superintendent: John Karlson. Welder Foreman: Troy Allen. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 8-15-19.
- Warsaw, IN. 2,235’ of 20” and replacement of 8 ditch crossings, replacement of 15 elbows/bends, upgrade 4 regulator stations for NIPSCO. Superintendent: John Karlson. Welder Foreman: Jason Spurgeon. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 9-15-19.
- Ispeming, MI. Receiver removal project for Northern Natural. Superintendent: Scott Battisti. Welder Foreman: Johnny Gardner. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 6-12-19.
- Huron, OH. 2”-12” station work, regulation runs, maintenance of existing facilities, and tie-ins to existing pipelines for NiSource. Superintendent: Martin Ankenbruck. Welder Foreman: Michael Kortkamp. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 8-5-19.
- Detroit, MI. Detroit River crossing HDD 16” through 24” casing welds in Wayne County, MI for Kinder Morgan. Superintendent: Duane Carlson. Welder Foreman: Eric Haskins. Working 6-10s. Job complete.
- Wellsville, OH. 1,650’ of 20” pipeline, launcher/receiver, M & R station for Burns and McDonnell. Superintendent: Aaron Shrontz. Welder Foreman: Matt Delik. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 10-26-19.
- West Lafayette, IN. Integrity repair on 16” pipeline, remove and replace 8 filter/regulator sets, install one stopple and 2 gage risers for Vectren. Superintendent: Tommy Alexander. Welder Foreman: Robert Turner. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 6-20-19.
NPL Construction Company:
- Decatur, IN. 12” and 16” station, replace heater and odorant tank for NIPSCO. Superintendent: Nick Sturwold. Welder Foreman: Mark Antczak. Working 5-10s. Approx. completion 6-13-19.
- Reed City, MI. 16”/12”/14” install pig trap and future odorizer piping for DTE Gas. Superintendent: George Lewis. Welder Foreman: Jason Carlson. Working 5-10s. Approx. completion 6-24-19.
Price Gregory International:
- Marquette, MI. 36 miles of 20” and 6.8 miles of 10” with fabrication for SEMCO Energy. Superintendent: Todd Burleson. Welder Foreman: Jeremy Padgett. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 10-1-19.
Union Pipeline Incorporated:
- Cadiz, OH. 9,012’ of 12” new lay in Jefferson County, OH for Mark West. Superintendent: Perry Rogers. Welder Foreman: Eric Raymond. Working 5-10s. Approx. completion 7-1-19.
United Piping Incorporated:
- Mt. Pleasant, MI. Two locations- cut-out and replace 120’ of 16” in Oakland County, MI and 120’ of cut-out and tie-in to existing 12”, run 100’ of 2” in Bay County, MI for Consumers Energy. Superintendent: Jim Mitchell. Welder Foreman: Torey Maki. Working 6-10s. Job complete.
- Dillonvale, OH. Install pipe support beams at the TEAL compressor station for Enbridge. Superintendent: Bob Humphrey. Welder Foreman: George Houston. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 9-30-19.
- Hubbard, OH. 1”- 4” fabrication of a 2” regulator system for TransCanada. Superintendent: Sean Wilster. Welder Foreman: Jeffery B. Mooney. Working 5-10s. Job complete.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas. As seasons go, to me, winter is a time for reflection and a time to prepare for the upcoming spring and summer.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope that each one of you was able to spend some time with your families and enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
First, I want to say that I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity and good health for their entire family.
Automatic Deduction for COBRA Payment is Now Available COBRA premium payments can now be deducted automatically from your bank account.