I am writing this report after returning home from the 2019 Steward School. It was enjoyable to have the opportunity to visit with those who were able to attend. Danny and Justin had a good agenda with several very informative speakers and guests.
Thanks to the UA Pipeline Department for attending. It’s always good to see and visit with you.
We went over the Agreement in full and had a good discussion on issues that arise on some of the jobs. I hope everyone has a better understanding of it and will carry what they learned to the job site and see that it is enforced.
The Ladies of 798 had several fun events as well. They had their basket auction which is always a good time. They work hard in bringing this event, as well as others, to us. I want to thank them for the hard work and effort but, most of all, for their support to us in our jobs as we travel away from home for work. Also, the retiree banquet was, as always, a humbling event. It was an honor for me to be able to visit with those who paved the way for us to enjoy the safe and great working conditions we enjoy today. I want to also thank the Inside Guards for their efforts in seeing that the events went off in the professional manner they did. Thanks to all of you for an outstanding job.
The work outlook is still looking good. The three major projects that were planned are still having permit issues, but we still have a lot of short lines and rehab to do this year. I think we are going to end with a good work year. I encourage you to sharpen your heli-arc and low-hi skills as there are several good building trade jobs that are going to need welders this year.
Thanks again to everyone who helped make the 2019 Steward School a great success. If I can be of help, don’t hesitate to call.
- Forrest City, NC. 2 miles 12“(Amended). Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Josh Owens. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 8-1-19.
- Forrest City, NC. 8 miles 12”. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Josh Owens. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 5-11-19.
- Covington, KY. Removal of condensation and tie-ins. Welder Foreman: Justin Teague. Superintendent: Walker Sturt. Working 6-10s. completion 6-1-19.
- Richmond, KY. 12” Launcher and Receiver plus valve replacements. Welder Foreman: Cody Dye. Superintendent: Fred Leasure. Working 6-10s. completion 7-30-19.
- Harrodsburg, KY. 9,037’ 30” Plus HDD. Welder Foreman: Jan Shurpit. Superintendent: Russ Shurpit. Working 6-10s. completion 10-25-19.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas. As seasons go, to me, winter is a time for reflection and a time to prepare for the upcoming spring and summer.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope that each one of you was able to spend some time with your families and enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
First, I want to say that I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity and good health for their entire family.
Automatic Deduction for COBRA Payment is Now Available COBRA premium payments can now be deducted automatically from your bank account.