Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I would first like to say, “Tough times never last. But tough people do.” Pipeliners are some of the toughest and most resilient folks, but we are definitely being tested. We already had many enemies to battle, such as cheap nonunion contractors, biased judges, and extreme environmental protesters.
I hope everyone is doing well despite the COVID-19 outbreak. I know it has changed the way the country functions. It has also affected some of the jobs in my area, causing delays in starting dates.
The jobs are still there; they are not canceled, just postponed. Hopefully, with all the stay-at-home orders across the country, we can soon get back to normal again. We are still going forward with Integrity Maintenance work, and I have been pre-jobbing a few of them. The contractors and gas companies are putting in safety measures and new PPE safety equipment to help us to stay safe on the job.
I know you are as disappointed as I am over the canceling of the 2020 Steward School. This is and has been the highlight of the year for us to be able to visit friends and to meet new ones as well. I know it was a hard choice for Danny to make this decision, but I think it was the right one for the safety of everyone who would be involved, especially during the current outbreak of this virus.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot to report on given the state of the country or our organizing. We need to remain strong and united, and we will get through this and hopefully return to our normal way of life soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone hoping for you and your family’s safety during this crisis. We will get through this!
Please keep in mind the work hasn’t gone away, just some of it has been put on hold until it is safe to go back out. Thanks for your understanding.
If I can be of help, don’t hesitate to call: (918) 270-6735.
Foltz Welding Ltd.:
- Brownsville, TN. 40”, 36”, and 24” station modifications. Welder Foreman: Dale Diekemper. Superintendent: Kevin Cain. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 6-30-20.
Snelson Companies, Inc.:
- Nashville, TN. 4.9 miles of 20”, and one mile of 12”. Welder Foreman: Gerald Meyers. Superintendent: Andy Hostetter. Working 6-10s. Market Recovery. Approx. completion 9-1-20.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc.:
- Brentwood, TN. Two 36” and one 30” road bores. Welder Foreman: Timothy Hathaway. Working 6-10s. Integrity Maintenance. Approx. completion 6-1-20.
- Harrodsburg, KY. Three 30” final tie-ins. Welder Foreman: Jan Slater. Superintendent: Russ Shurpit. Working 6-10s. Integrity Maintenance. Job Postponed.
B&G Pipeline Company:
- Arden, NC. 1,200’ of 12” and 2,200’ of 8” HDD. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 3-31-20.
M.J. Electric, LLC:
- Sherrills Ford, NC. Instrumentation on meter station. Welder Foreman: Kevin Rimpela. Superintendent: Greg Rogers. Working 5-10s. Station Agreement. Approx. completion 3-14-20.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I would first like to say, “Tough times never last. But tough people do.” Pipeliners are some of the toughest and most resilient folks, but we are definitely being tested. We already had many enemies to battle, such as cheap nonunion contractors, biased judges, and extreme environmental protesters.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope this report finds our Local 798 family safe and healthy. By now, the COVID-19 pandemic has reached almost every county and parish in the United States. I don’t know that anyone could have forecasted that this virus would sweep through our country with such intensity.
There is no way to describe the times in which we are living. We are walking through a situation that no one has dealt with before us. However, we do have work starting. Gas companies and contractors are proceeding with extreme caution.
Virtual Medical Visit option available May 1st PIBF will be launching the MDLIVE program on May 1, 2020. This is a virtual medical visit program offered by BlueCross BlueShield for active and COBRA participants and for participants where PIBF is the primary coverage.