I am writing this report after returning home from North Carolina pre-jobbing two Price Gregory jobs. The work in North Carolina is better than usual this year. We haven’t been successful in getting a large share of the North Carolina market in the past few years, so this is positive.
Our signatory contractors are starting to be successful in obtaining more and more work in North Carolina. I still have a few more jobs in the area I haven’t pre-jobbed but expect to do so soon.
The work in other areas of my jurisdiction has slowed this year, but there are some good jobs going out for bid now. These jobs are in Tennessee and Kentucky and should start in early spring. However, building trades jobs are still going strong. So, if you need work, contact me or the Dispatch office and see what is available.
As everyone is aware, the Local 798 election will be coming up soon, and a lot of great candidates are running for office. I want to thank those who are running for office. It’s good to see the interest our members have in serving the membership of our great union. I encourage everyone to vote.
The December meeting is coming up soon, and I hope to see you there. Attending membership meetings is an excellent way for members to stay informed on current affairs. It also helps keep the union strong with member participation. I want to wish a safe and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families. Also, please keep our troops that are away from home in your prayers. It is a pleasure serving a great membership like Local 798. Please call if I can be of assistance. Hope to see you soon.
- Sherrills Ford, NC. 19.28 miles of 20”. Welder Foreman: Jeffery Doyle. Superintendent: Russell York. Working 6-10s under Market Strategy. Approx. completion 12-31-19.
- Greenville, NC. 19.48 miles of 12”. Welder Foreman: David Dickerson. Superintendent: Doug Gregory. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-2-19.
- Salemburg, NC. 21.8 miles of 12” and 9.8 miles of 6”. Welder Foreman: Rod Kelley. Superintendent: Jim Parker. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-15-19.
Appalachian Pipeline Contractors, LLP:
- Ramseur, NC. 5.1 miles of 12”. Welder Foreman: Johnny Ray Warren. Superintendent: Ben Brown. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-1-19.
B&G Pipeline Company:
- Statesville, NC. 2.5 miles of 8”. Welder Foreman: Jerimiah Bennett. Superintendent: Samuel Wilson. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates. Approx. completion 11-11-19.
- Forrest City, NC. Four 12” fabrications. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates. Approx. completion 10-26-19.
- Mill Springs, NC. 1,400’ of 12” Take up and relay. Welder Foreman: Jamie Helmns. Superintendent: Matt Brantley. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas. As seasons go, to me, winter is a time for reflection and a time to prepare for the upcoming spring and summer.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope that each one of you was able to spend some time with your families and enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
First, I want to say that I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity and good health for their entire family.
Automatic Deduction for COBRA Payment is Now Available COBRA premium payments can now be deducted automatically from your bank account.