Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The National Pipeline Agreement has finally been signed and finalized for June 1, 2020, through June 4, 2023. Our contract will immediately go to print, and by the time the Blue Light reaches you, we will be sending out a printed copy to all members. For the time being, you can go to the 798 website for viewing and print a copy now if you like.
I am writing this report after returning home from North Carolina pre-jobbing two Price Gregory jobs. The work in North Carolina is better than usual this year. We haven’t been successful in getting a large share of the North Carolina market in the past few years, so this is positive.
Our signatory contractors are starting to be successful in obtaining more and more work in North Carolina. I still have a few more jobs in the area I haven’t pre-jobbed but expect to do so soon.
The work in other areas of my jurisdiction has slowed this year, but there are some good jobs going out for bid now. These jobs are in Tennessee and Kentucky and should start in early spring. However, building trades jobs are still going strong. So, if you need work, contact me or the Dispatch office and see what is available.
As everyone is aware, the Local 798 election will be coming up soon, and a lot of great candidates are running for office. I want to thank those who are running for office. It’s good to see the interest our members have in serving the membership of our great union. I encourage everyone to vote.
The December meeting is coming up soon, and I hope to see you there. Attending membership meetings is an excellent way for members to stay informed on current affairs. It also helps keep the union strong with member participation. I want to wish a safe and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families. Also, please keep our troops that are away from home in your prayers. It is a pleasure serving a great membership like Local 798. Please call if I can be of assistance. Hope to see you soon.
- Sherrills Ford, NC. 19.28 miles of 20”. Welder Foreman: Jeffery Doyle. Superintendent: Russell York. Working 6-10s under Market Strategy. Approx. completion 12-31-19.
- Greenville, NC. 19.48 miles of 12”. Welder Foreman: David Dickerson. Superintendent: Doug Gregory. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-2-19.
- Salemburg, NC. 21.8 miles of 12” and 9.8 miles of 6”. Welder Foreman: Rod Kelley. Superintendent: Jim Parker. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-15-19.
Appalachian Pipeline Contractors, LLP:
- Ramseur, NC. 5.1 miles of 12”. Welder Foreman: Johnny Ray Warren. Superintendent: Ben Brown. Working 6-10s. Special agreement. Approx. completion 11-1-19.
B&G Pipeline Company:
- Statesville, NC. 2.5 miles of 8”. Welder Foreman: Jerimiah Bennett. Superintendent: Samuel Wilson. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates. Approx. completion 11-11-19.
- Forrest City, NC. Four 12” fabrications. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates. Approx. completion 10-26-19.
- Mill Springs, NC. 1,400’ of 12” Take up and relay. Welder Foreman: Jamie Helmns. Superintendent: Matt Brantley. Working 6-10s. Mainline rates.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, The National Pipeline Agreement has finally been signed and finalized for June 1, 2020, through June 4, 2023. Our contract will immediately go to print, and by the time the Blue Light reaches you, we will be sending out a printed copy to all members. For the time being, you can go to the 798 website for viewing and print a copy now if you like.
Brothers and Sisters, I hope this report finds you well. At the time of this writing, the National Pipeline Agreement is finalized. I won’t go into great detail here, but by the time this report reaches you, the contract will be posted on our website and mailed to every member.
First, I would like to mention how the new NPLA will affect calculating hours in regard to waiting time. If benefits are not paid on those hours, they will not be counted toward your 300 hours. Please be aware, you could arrive at 299.5 hours and retain your spot on the Out-of-Work List. Remember, you are guaranteed 300 hours of National Agreement work per Out-of-Work Date.
MDLIVE - Virtual Medical Visit Option The MDLIVE program launched May 1, 2020. Hopefully, you have all registered and set up a profile for you and your dependents to use should you need the service. It is a great idea to do this in advance of your first virtual visit.