Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I have dedicated my report to only one subject because I, along with Justin and the rest of my staff, agree it is the most value we can provide the clients. And we need to continue to capitalize on it now while the opportunity is at hand.
I’m writing this Blue Light report in the third quarter of 2019. The Integrity Maintenance work is still going strong, and it looks like it will be going well into the fourth quarter of this year.
These are small jobs that don’t put a lot of people to work, but the ones that do this work stay busy. Northern Natural, Enbridge, Enable, Enterprise, and Koch Brothers that go by Black Hills and Flint Hills are the big players in the integrity business now. I want to remind the Welders they all require in-service weld testing with multiple open butt LH on 6G 12” and 12” branches. Some are 7016, and some are 7018 uphill open butt beads. Integrity Maintenance work is the future of the pipeline industry, and the low hydrogen weld process is here to stay.
From all indications, the Keystone XL Pipeline is on track to start next year. The UA and 798 have a Project Labor Agreement to lay all the 36” pipe and build all the pump stations. The Line 3 Replacement project in Minnesota is still delayed; however, Enbridge says they have a start date of January 1, 2020. Minnesota’s Democratic Lieutenant Governor, Peggy Flanagan, has turned her back on the union pipeliners of Minnesota trying to stop the Line 3 Pipeline. That’s not good for the pipeline industry. She is totally against fossil fuel energy. The farmers that helped vote her in office will be paying a lot more for their farm diesel without the new Line 3 Pipeline to deliver affordable energy to this state and country. Think about that when you vote.
- Lakeville, MN. Hydro Testing at 9 locations for NNG. Superintendent: Gary Matthews. Job Steward: Joe Lee.
- Huxley, IA. 113 miles of 24” Hydro Testing for Flint Hills. Superintendent: Tim Tureson. Welder Foreman: Josh McGee. Job Steward: Phil Lancaster.
- Dubuque, IA. 30” valve replacements. Superintendent: Travis Novak. Welder Foreman: Johnny Gardner. Job Steward: Tim Bellinghausen.
- Wrenshall, MN. Station Modifications for NNG. Superintendent: Martin Ankenbruck. Welder Foreman: David Pawloski. Job Steward: Guy Simms.
Minnesota Limited, Inc.:
- Memphis, NE. 1,200’ of 20” & 24” HDD’s for NNG. Welder Foreman: Norman Lilyerd. Job Steward: Brian Straight.
- Redfield, IA. Station Modifications for NNG. Steward: Tyler Wallace.
- Blooming Prairie, MN. Station Modifications. Welder Foreman: Mike Boyett. Job Steward: Brian Boyett.
- Council Bluffs, IA. 1 mile of 16”, 4” & 8” for Black Hills. Superintendent: Troy Nelson. Welder Foreman: Van Sargent. Pipeman: Larry Collier. Job Steward: Wade Landers.
Northern Horizons, Inc.:
- Laverne, MN. Station Modifications for NNG. Superintendent: Jim Mallon. Welder Foreman: P.D. McConnaughey. Job Steward: Seth Dremmel.
- South Sioux City, NE. 2,400’ of 12” Reroute for NNG. Superintendent: Bob Carter. Welder Foreman: Grant Brown. Job Steward: Jimmy “Cowboy” Williams.
B&G Pipeline Company:
- Russellville, AR. 12,500’ of 8” for Enable. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Welder Foreman: Ross Crain. Job Steward: Nathan Ferguson.
Brothers Pipeline Corp.:
- Menoken, ND. 3 miles of 6” for MDU. Superintendent: Shorty Rhodes. Welder Foreman: Joe Meche. Job Steward: Grayson Miller.
Foltz Welding Ltd.:
- Arlington, NE. (2) 3,000’ of 8” HDD’s for Enterprise Pipeline. Superintendent: Chris Elliott. Welder Foreman: Mark Elliott. Job Steward: Justin Trammell.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I have dedicated my report to only one subject because I, along with Justin and the rest of my staff, agree it is the most value we can provide the clients. And we need to continue to capitalize on it now while the opportunity is at hand.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone’s year has gotten off to a good start. At the time of this writing, union contractors have picked up three more jobs in Texas under the Market Recovery package. This is great news, and we anticipate more to come.
At the moment, work is slow at every level. In dispatch, we are diligently looking for work with other local unions by making phone calls every day.
New Pension Tax Table Installed Pension tax tables are updated in the first quarter each year. The new table for 2020 will be installed effective March 1, 2020. Please review your deposit amount as of that date and after and let us know if you need to make any changes.