I’m writing this Blue Light report in the third quarter of 2019. The Integrity Maintenance work is still going strong, and it looks like it will be going well into the fourth quarter of this year.
These are small jobs that don’t put a lot of people to work, but the ones that do this work stay busy. Northern Natural, Enbridge, Enable, Enterprise, and Koch Brothers that go by Black Hills and Flint Hills are the big players in the integrity business now. I want to remind the Welders they all require in-service weld testing with multiple open butt LH on 6G 12” and 12” branches. Some are 7016, and some are 7018 uphill open butt beads. Integrity Maintenance work is the future of the pipeline industry, and the low hydrogen weld process is here to stay.
From all indications, the Keystone XL Pipeline is on track to start next year. The UA and 798 have a Project Labor Agreement to lay all the 36” pipe and build all the pump stations. The Line 3 Replacement project in Minnesota is still delayed; however, Enbridge says they have a start date of January 1, 2020. Minnesota’s Democratic Lieutenant Governor, Peggy Flanagan, has turned her back on the union pipeliners of Minnesota trying to stop the Line 3 Pipeline. That’s not good for the pipeline industry. She is totally against fossil fuel energy. The farmers that helped vote her in office will be paying a lot more for their farm diesel without the new Line 3 Pipeline to deliver affordable energy to this state and country. Think about that when you vote.
- Lakeville, MN. Hydro Testing at 9 locations for NNG. Superintendent: Gary Matthews. Job Steward: Joe Lee.
- Huxley, IA. 113 miles of 24” Hydro Testing for Flint Hills. Superintendent: Tim Tureson. Welder Foreman: Josh McGee. Job Steward: Phil Lancaster.
- Dubuque, IA. 30” valve replacements. Superintendent: Travis Novak. Welder Foreman: Johnny Gardner. Job Steward: Tim Bellinghausen.
- Wrenshall, MN. Station Modifications for NNG. Superintendent: Martin Ankenbruck. Welder Foreman: David Pawloski. Job Steward: Guy Simms.
Minnesota Limited, Inc.:
- Memphis, NE. 1,200’ of 20” & 24” HDD’s for NNG. Welder Foreman: Norman Lilyerd. Job Steward: Brian Straight.
- Redfield, IA. Station Modifications for NNG. Steward: Tyler Wallace.
- Blooming Prairie, MN. Station Modifications. Welder Foreman: Mike Boyett. Job Steward: Brian Boyett.
- Council Bluffs, IA. 1 mile of 16”, 4” & 8” for Black Hills. Superintendent: Troy Nelson. Welder Foreman: Van Sargent. Pipeman: Larry Collier. Job Steward: Wade Landers.
Northern Horizons, Inc.:
- Laverne, MN. Station Modifications for NNG. Superintendent: Jim Mallon. Welder Foreman: P.D. McConnaughey. Job Steward: Seth Dremmel.
- South Sioux City, NE. 2,400’ of 12” Reroute for NNG. Superintendent: Bob Carter. Welder Foreman: Grant Brown. Job Steward: Jimmy “Cowboy” Williams.
B&G Pipeline Company:
- Russellville, AR. 12,500’ of 8” for Enable. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Welder Foreman: Ross Crain. Job Steward: Nathan Ferguson.
Brothers Pipeline Corp.:
- Menoken, ND. 3 miles of 6” for MDU. Superintendent: Shorty Rhodes. Welder Foreman: Joe Meche. Job Steward: Grayson Miller.
Foltz Welding Ltd.:
- Arlington, NE. (2) 3,000’ of 8” HDD’s for Enterprise Pipeline. Superintendent: Chris Elliott. Welder Foreman: Mark Elliott. Job Steward: Justin Trammell.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas. As seasons go, to me, winter is a time for reflection and a time to prepare for the upcoming spring and summer.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope that each one of you was able to spend some time with your families and enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
First, I want to say that I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity and good health for their entire family.
Automatic Deduction for COBRA Payment is Now Available COBRA premium payments can now be deducted automatically from your bank account.