Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I would first like to say, “Tough times never last. But tough people do.” Pipeliners are some of the toughest and most resilient folks, but we are definitely being tested. We already had many enemies to battle, such as cheap nonunion contractors, biased judges, and extreme environmental protesters.
I want to express my enthusiasm for the turnout at our January Regular Membership Meeting, especially considering the weather. It was truly overwhelming to see how many new members and first timers were in attendance. It is always a pleasure to meet new members and be able to listen to any concerns that you may have.
Secondly, please continue to participate in the 798 Action Network diligently. It is vital for our future that EVERY member participates. Our action page is the best avenue to accomplish our goals. As we all know, the “squeaky wheel gets the grease” so let’s be louder than our opposition! Our Action Network has proven itself to be a valuable resource to let our legislators know how passionate and dedicated we all are for the work that we do.
If you have not already made plans to attend this year’s Steward School, get those reservations now. It is the best opportunity for you to participate, learn important working details of this profession, and make valuable job contacts. To all our new members: 798 is a family and is family oriented. Make plans to bring your family with you. There will be activities for them while you are attending the sessions. I look forward to seeing you and your family there.
In closing, remember that I am here to serve you, so do not hesitate to call me at 918-991-5341. God bless each and every one of you, and God bless Local Union 798! Please remember that there is always Strength in numbers and Greater Strength in ORGANIZED numbers.
R.M.S. Holdings, LLC.:
- DeRidder, LA. Supply automatic welding equipment for 75 miles of 36” pipe (approx. 600 welds). Gas Company: Momentum (Troy). Welder Foreman: Robert Kindle. Steward: Kevin Segovis. Main Line Agreement.
Foltz Welding Ltd.:
- Byhalia, MS. Demolishing existing pipe, installing new pipe, and fabrication. Gas Company: Marathon. Welder Foreman: Mark Elliot. Steward: Kerry Lobell. Integrity & Maintenance.
- Patoka, IL (Multiple moves). 40” cut outs and valve replacements. Gas Company: Marathon. Welder Foreman: Ed Orrell, Jr. Steward: Neal Crabtree. Integrity & Maintenance.
- Patoka, IL. (Multiple moves). Demolishing station, piping, and installing valve settings (24”, 36”, and 40”). Gas Company: Marathon. Welder Foreman: James Adams. Steward: Tyler Simms. Integrity & Maintenance.
T.J. Construction Inc.:
- Albertville, AL. 1,200’ of 8” road relocation and 33,000’ of 6” new lay. Gas Company: Cullman-Jefferson & Marshall Co. Steward: Dustin Bilbrey. Special Agreement.
R.M.S. Holdings, LLC.:
- Grand Chenier, LA. Supply automatic welding equipment to WHC for 20 miles of 42” pipe. Gas Company: WHC Energy Services. Welder Foreman: Anthony Dickinson. Steward: Michael Holder. Main Line Agreement.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I would first like to say, “Tough times never last. But tough people do.” Pipeliners are some of the toughest and most resilient folks, but we are definitely being tested. We already had many enemies to battle, such as cheap nonunion contractors, biased judges, and extreme environmental protesters.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope this report finds our Local 798 family safe and healthy. By now, the COVID-19 pandemic has reached almost every county and parish in the United States. I don’t know that anyone could have forecasted that this virus would sweep through our country with such intensity.
There is no way to describe the times in which we are living. We are walking through a situation that no one has dealt with before us. However, we do have work starting. Gas companies and contractors are proceeding with extreme caution.
Virtual Medical Visit option available May 1st PIBF will be launching the MDLIVE program on May 1, 2020. This is a virtual medical visit program offered by BlueCross BlueShield for active and COBRA participants and for participants where PIBF is the primary coverage.