As we are going into a new year, I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. 2018 has been a super work year for most everyone, and 2019 looks great as well.
There are still several spreads on the Atlantic Coast project that haven’t got started yet, as well as some smaller but good jobs to go in North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee. I want to thank everyone for their hard work and dedication in 2018 and for manning and keeping the work going. I know a lot of these jobs were hard and in steep terrain but thanks to you and your efforts we are building the best pipelines in the country.
I want to thank and congratulate Chad Gilbert on his appointment as Special Representative to the UA Pipeline Department. I know this had to be a hard choice for him to make but I am proud he is taking this position. I know he will represent the UA in the very professional manner as he has as Business Agent for 798. He will be truly missed by us in 798, for he has done an outstanding job over the past several years as Business Agent. In many ways, he has helped advance our Local in a positive direction. My best wishes go out to him and his wife Crystal as he takes on this important task in his life as Special Representative.
The January Union meeting is just around the corner, I’m sure it will be a great one as always, I hope you will be able to attend. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. If I can be of help, don’t hesitate to call.
- Erlanger, KY. 2-8” Meter runs. Welder Foreman: Carl Traweek. Superintendent: Darryl Ditterline. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-22-18.
United Piping, Inc:
- Lafayette, TN. 100’ of 34” casing removal. Welder Foreman: Sam Chapman. Superintendent: Joel Bailer. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 12-1-18.
- Enfield, NC. 62.5 miles of 36”. Welder Foreman: David Dickerson. Superintendent: Doug Gregory. Working 6-10s. Approx. Completion 2-15-19.
- Halifax, NC. 2-16” Decommission old line. Welder Foreman: James Griffith, Jr. Superintendent: Tim Himschoot. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-20-18.
- Ellenboro, NC. 2-20” Fab. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-15-18.
- Conway, SC. 7.3 miles 12” Welder Foreman: Jeremiah Bennett Superintendent: Phillip Booth. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 12-15-18.
MORE 798 STORIES
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Merry Christmas. As seasons go, to me, winter is a time for reflection and a time to prepare for the upcoming spring and summer.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I hope that each one of you was able to spend some time with your families and enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
First, I want to say that I hope everyone has a great new year filled with prosperity and good health for their entire family.
Automatic Deduction for COBRA Payment is Now Available COBRA premium payments can now be deducted automatically from your bank account.