As we are going into a new year, I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. 2018 has been a super work year for most everyone, and 2019 looks great as well.
There are still several spreads on the Atlantic Coast project that haven’t got started yet, as well as some smaller but good jobs to go in North Carolina, Kentucky, and Tennessee. I want to thank everyone for their hard work and dedication in 2018 and for manning and keeping the work going. I know a lot of these jobs were hard and in steep terrain but thanks to you and your efforts we are building the best pipelines in the country.
I want to thank and congratulate Chad Gilbert on his appointment as Special Representative to the UA Pipeline Department. I know this had to be a hard choice for him to make but I am proud he is taking this position. I know he will represent the UA in the very professional manner as he has as Business Agent for 798. He will be truly missed by us in 798, for he has done an outstanding job over the past several years as Business Agent. In many ways, he has helped advance our Local in a positive direction. My best wishes go out to him and his wife Crystal as he takes on this important task in his life as Special Representative.
The January Union meeting is just around the corner, I’m sure it will be a great one as always, I hope you will be able to attend. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. If I can be of help, don’t hesitate to call.
- Erlanger, KY. 2-8” Meter runs. Welder Foreman: Carl Traweek. Superintendent: Darryl Ditterline. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-22-18.
United Piping, Inc:
- Lafayette, TN. 100’ of 34” casing removal. Welder Foreman: Sam Chapman. Superintendent: Joel Bailer. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 12-1-18.
- Enfield, NC. 62.5 miles of 36”. Welder Foreman: David Dickerson. Superintendent: Doug Gregory. Working 6-10s. Approx. Completion 2-15-19.
- Halifax, NC. 2-16” Decommission old line. Welder Foreman: James Griffith, Jr. Superintendent: Tim Himschoot. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-20-18.
- Ellenboro, NC. 2-20” Fab. Welder Foreman: Naaman Warren. Superintendent: Thomas Born. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 11-15-18.
- Conway, SC. 7.3 miles 12” Welder Foreman: Jeremiah Bennett Superintendent: Phillip Booth. Working 6-10s. Approx. completion 12-15-18.
MORE 798 STORIES
The 2019 Steward School has just concluded, and what a great event it turned out to be. It is impossible to put into words all that transpired for the week, but I will try to give you a brief snapshot of what happened.
Steward School 2019 just wrapped up, and what a week it was! We had a great turnout, and it was good to see a lot of old friends and meet several new ones.
All is well for those who are ready to conduct their business like professionals. Coming by the work is not going to be as easy as last year. But there is work out there. Here in Dispatch, we are willing to do everything we can to help.
Revised PIBF SPD and Pension Statements Mailed to the Membership A revised Summary Plan Description (SPD) book and annual Pension Statements were mailed to the membership in March. The most current version of the SPD is always available on our website at www.pibf.org.