Join me in support of the Keystone XL Pipeline and sign the petition! #Local798 http://action.local798.org/petition_keystone_xl?recruiter_id=16973
The nation’s energy needs are increasing every day as consumers demand reliable and affordable fuel for their daily lives. Yet, insufficient pipeline capacity severely limits access to safe and economical energy sources. That is why critical infrastructure projects like Keystone XL Pipeline are vital. Keystone XL will help safely and efficiently deliver 1.1 million barrels of crude oil to hungry markets across the Midwest and as far south as Texas.
Keystone XL represents a safe and environmentally sound way to transport the energy this country needs now and in the future. TransCanada is working closely with federal and state agencies to ensure the land and environment remain protected through project construction and operation.
I support the Keystone XL Pipeline due to the many benefits outlined below:
- Provide reliable supply of economical energy to millions of Americans;
- Generate an estimated $55 million in property tax revenue in the first year of operations across 27 counties;
- Create thousands of jobs for laborers;
- Contribute approximately $3.4 billion to U.S. GDP;
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 19 million metric tons (offsetting as many as 200 ocean tankers per year).
I believe Keystone XL Pipeline is critical in securing continued national energy security, supporting economic development, and improving the reliability of North America’s pipeline network – all this while operating in a manner that respects the environment and landowners.