Several residents of Chester and Delaware counties in PA took their long-running fight against the Mariner East pipelines to a West Chester court in October 2019, urging the Public Utility Commission (PUC) to shut down these important pipelines and stop progress on Mariner East II, in particular. The PUC's final determination on the case is not expected come until the end of 2020.
Stand up for this critical natural gas project that supports thousands of jobs for local craftsmen, including many Local 798 members. SIGN THE BELOW PETITION that we will submit to the PUC and other decision makers at the appropriate time!
I proudly sign my name in support of the Mariner East II Pipeline.
The country has benefited greatly from the natural gas industry’s growth. It has contributed billions to the national economy and positioned the Northeast, specifically, as a leading energy-producing region. It is well documented, however, that this region currently lacks the necessary infrastructure to connect its energy production with key consuming markets across the Commonwealth.
Mariner East II would play a critical role in the solution, as it would transport affordable, clean natural gas to families and small businesses across an additional 17 counties in Pennsylvania. The project is a critical, 300-mile extension to the existing Sunuco Mariner East pipeline system, which was recently upgraded to transport natural gas liquids from Ohio and the Pittsburgh area to its Marcus Hook Facility in Delaware County.
I support Mariner East for the following key reasons:
- Support thousands of jobs during the construction phase alone;
- Create full-time opportunities to local craftsmen for the construction of new pump stations, expansion of existing stations and the 24-hour staffing required during their operation;
- Help millions of area residents to gain access to affordable, reliable, domestically produced energy;
- Generate tremendous economic activity in the communities the project traverses, including 5 counties in the Pennsylvania Southwest, 10 counties in the South-Central region and 2 counties in the Southeast region;
- Create substantial opportunity for state and local economic growth, as Mariner East I and II represent a combined investment of $3 billion in Pennsylvania.
The benefits associated with Mariner East II are exactly why elected officials work so hard to develop strategies for safe and responsible pipeline developments that will bring resources to markets throughout the region.
It is crucial that our elected officials and decision makers fully recognize the significance of this critical energy infrastructure project to secure the economic and energy future of the Commonwealth and our neighboring region.
This is why I stand in support of Mariner East II and encourage the completion of this critical project without delay.
Mariner East II Pipeline Supporter